Keeping Your Cuts
Wet Foam: If your arrangement is designed in wet foam, keep the foam soaked to extend life.
Vases: If your arrangement is in a vase and the water becomes cloudy, remove flowers and cut stems back 1 inch at an angle. Fill vase with warm water and replace flowers. Remove leaves that may go under the waterline.
Using flower food will extend the life of a bouquet. Follow the directions on the package. This will work for both styles of arrangement listed above.
- Keep flowers in a cool location 65-70 degrees
- Avoid placing flowers on anything that gives off heat.
- Keep flowers out of direct sunlight.
- Keep flowers away from drafts from vents/fans.
- Do not place flowers near heating/cooling vents.
Flowers with longer “Cut” lives: Carnations, Daisies, Pomps
Flowers with shorter “cut” lives: Roses, Stock, Snapdragons